Anyone that has gone on exchange can tell you that studying abroad is a life changing experience. It involves so much more than just visiting a new city; it’s about sharing cultures, meeting new people, making friends, and creating amazing memories. In the last few years, the Concordia Student Exchange Program has become increasingly popular. With over 30 countries to choose from, the opportunities are endless. See below for information on eligibility requirements and the application process.
Are You Eligible to go on Exchange?
The minimum requirements to go abroad are:
- Have a minimum CGPA of 2.7 and maintain it until the departure date.
- Be registered full-time in the year of application as well as the year prior to going abroad.
- Complete at least 24 credits before the departure date.
- Students must have completed the following courses at the JMSB prior to CSEP departure: COMM 205, COMM 210, COMM 215 and COMM 217.
- Complete all program deficiencies, including ESL courses and foundation courses for 120 and 108 programs, prior to application deadline.
- Certificate students and independent students are not eligible to participate in the Concordia Student Exchange Program.
- Please note: JMSB students must take business courses while abroad.
You’re Eligible? Perfect. Now Follow These Steps to Apply:
- Attend a Concordia Student Exchange Program (CSEP) Information Session. Visit the Concordia International website for times and dates.
- Submit Concordia International CSEP Application by deadline
- Concordia International will place you in a choice of host institution.
- Submit your course approval documents to JMSB. JMSB will evaluate your course selections. Once courses have been approved, JMSB will send you a CSEP Course Equivalencies Contract.