514-848-2424 x7453

FAQ Incoming


Do I need to know French to live in Montreal?

Though Quebec’s primary language is French, Montreal is a fairly bilingual city, especially in the downtown area. If you speak English, you should have no problem getting around town. That being said, a little “Merci” or “S’il vous plaît” every once in a while is never frowned upon. Montreal is great city to practice your French skills!

Who can I speak to if I have more questions?

If you have any academic questions, you can contact the John Molson School of Business’ (JMSB) undergraduate office at 514-848-2424 x 2721. If you have any questions regarding Concordia University that are non-academic related, you can contact Concordia International at 514-848-2424 x 4986. For any information regarding events, how to meet other students, and Montreal in general, you can contact the JIC team. We are here to help you with all social aspects of your semester in Montreal.

How do I get around the city?

The bus and metro service will take you anywhere you need to go in the downtown area. For further information, please visit the STM’s website at: http://www.stm.info/en

What kind of food can I expect to find in Montreal?

Montreal is a multicultural city. If you are craving a croissant, a good pizza, Thai, Chinese or anything else, you are bound to find it in Montreal. The city is known for its variety of cuisines and we definitely encourage you to taste the different foods the city has to offer. Though all these international meals seem quite appealing, don’t forget to try  poutine, a typical Quebec meal. The best poutine in town can be found at La Banquise on Rachel Street.

What do SGW and LOY stand for?

Concordia University has two campuses. One is located in downtown Montreal and the other in NDG. The downtown campus is called the Sir George Williams Campus (SGW) and the NDG location is the Loyola Campus (LOY).


No comments.