Anyone that has gone on exchange can tell you that studying abroad is a life changing experience. It involves so much more than just visiting a new city; it’s about sharing cultures, meeting new people, making friends, and creating amazing memories. In the last few years, the Concordia Student Exchange Program has become increasingly popular. With over 30 countries to choose from, the opportunities are endless. See below for information on eligibility requirements and the application process.
Are You Eligible to go on Exchange?
The minimum requirements to go abroad are:
- Minimum 2.7 Cumulative GPA.
- 12 credits completed prior to application.
- Registered as a full-time student at the time of application (and maintain this status before and during your exchange).
For a detailed description of eligibility, click here.
You’re Eligible? Perfect. Now Follow These Steps to Apply:
Step 1: Attend an Information Session
- You must attend a Concordia International Info Session in order to apply for exchange.
- The schedule for these sessions are posted on the CSEP website.
- Info Sessions are held at the Concordia International Office: 2080 Mackay, Annex X, Room 103.
Step 2: Acquire a Recommendation Letter
- As part of your application, you must get one recommendation letter from a JMSB or Concordia professor.
- The teacher can send it directly to CI.
- The teacher can give it to students in a sealed and signed envelope to be brought to CI.
- The teacher of your choosing may decide to fill out an academic reference form or provide a written letter.
- Write a letter of intent.
- Why do you want to go on exchange?
- Why should you be picked to represent Concordia abroad?
- One page long.
- Upload all documents to this link.
Step 3: Choose your Host Institutions
- You are allowed to pick up to 3 potential schools that you would like to attend on your exchange.
- Please note that you are not guaranteed a spot at your chosen host institutions as schools have limited available spots.
- For a full list of schools, click here.
Step 4: Complete your Preliminary Course Selection Form
- Click here to download your preliminary course selection form.
- If you need help finding your classes don’t hesitate to contact our VP Academic : Alexandra Derenzis (firstname.lastname@example.org).
Step 5: Fill out the Online Application
- The application can be found here (deadline to apply: February 1st).
- Attach your preliminary course selection form.
- Include a photocopy of your passport, your unofficial transcript, and your Letter of Intent
*All documents should be uploaded on the application website with the exception of the recommendation letter which should be sent directly to Concordia International (all instructions are on the form).
Wait for your nomination from Concordia International, and then follow their instructions. You will receive more information regarding your host instruction’s registration process, accommodations, visa requirements, etc.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ section or contact us for assistance.