Anyone that has gone on exchange can tell you that studying abroad is a life changing experience. It involves so much more than just visiting a new city; it’s about sharing cultures, meeting new people, making friends, and creating amazing memories. In the last few years, the Concordia Student Exchange Program has become increasingly popular. With over 35 countries to choose from, the opportunities are endless. See below for information on eligibility requirements and the application process.
Are You Eligible to go on Exchange?
The minimum requirements to go abroad are:
- Minimum 3.0 Cumulative GPA
- 12 credits completed prior to application
- Registered as a full-time student at the time of application
For a detailed description of eligibility, click here.
You’re Eligible? Perfect. Now Follow These Steps to Apply:
Step 1: Attend an Information Session
- Information sessions are held by Concordia International and JMSB, you must attend one from each.
- Dates and times of these sessions will be posted on the Concordia International Website under the How to Apply tab
Step 2: Acquire Recommendation Letters
- As part of your application, you must get two recommendation letters from JMSB Professors.
- The professors of your choosing may decide to fill out an academic reference form or provide a written letter.
Step 3: Choose your Host Institutions
- You are allowed to pick up to 3 potential schools that you would like to attend on your exchange
- Please note that you are not guaranteed a spot at your chosen host institutions as schools have limited available spots
- For a full list of schools, click here.
Step 4: Complete your Preliminary Course Selection Form
- Click here to download your preliminary course selection form
- If you need help finding your classes don’t hesitate to contact our VP Academic : Justine Carlone (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Once filled out, you must book an appointment with an Academic Advisor in charge of the exchange program to have your preliminary courses approved.
- To book an appointment please call 514-848-2424 ext. 2721, or in person at MB 4.201
Step 5: Write your Letter of Intent/Personal Statement
- Some of the things to include in your Letter of Intent are: who you are, why you want to go on exchange, and why you should be selected to represent Concordia University and the JMSB.
Step 6: Fill out the Online Application
- The application can be found here (deadline to apply: February 1st, 2015)
- Attach your preliminary course selection form
- Include a photocopy of your passport, your unofficial transcript, and your Letter of Intent
- Upload the Approval to Apply letter with our preliminary course selection form for your first choice institution
*All documents should be uploaded on the application website with the exception of the two recommendation letters which should be sent to Concordia International (all instructions are on the form).
Step 7: Schedule your Interview
- To be eligible to study abroad you must schedule a personal interview with an Academic Advisor in charge of the exchange program.
- To book an interview please call 514-848-2424 ext. 2721, or in person at MB 4.201
- Please do not forget to bring your CV to the interview.
Wait for your nomination from Concordia International, and then follow their instructions. You will receive more information regarding your host instruction’s registration process, accommodations, visa requirements, etc.
Still have questions? Visit our FAQ section or contact us for assistance.